From College of Art and Design IT Wiki
Replacing Print Cartridges
- Open the front door. Make sure that the door is completely open.
- Grasp the handle of the used print cartridge and pull out to remove.
- Store the used print cartridge in a protective bag. Information about recycling used print cartridges is on the print-cartridge box.
- Remove the new print cartridge from its protective bag.
- Grasp both sides of the print cartridge and distribute the toner by gently rocking the print cartridge.
- Remove the orange protective cover from the print cartridge.
- Align the print cartridge with its slot and insert the print cartridge until it clicks into place.
- Close the front door.
NOTE: Be careful not to damage the memory tag on the print cartridge.
CAUTION: Avoid prolonged exposure to light.
CAUTION: Do not touch the green roller. Doing so can damage the cartridge.
NOTE: The print cartridges go in at a slight angle.