- At the printer's front panel, select the icon, then Paper unload > Unload roll.
- The paper is unloaded from the printer.
- Release the spindle lock.
- Remove the roll from the printer, pulling out the right end on the right side of the printer first. Do not insert your fingers into the spindle supports during the removal process.
- Make sure that the printer wheels are locked (the brake lever is pressed down) to prevent the printer from moving.
- Release the spindle lock on the right-hand side.
- Remove the first end of the spindle from the right-hand side of the printer, and then move the spindle to the right in order to extract the other end. Do not insert your fingers into the spindle supports during the removal process.
- Slide the lever-lock on the blue hub to the unlocked position and remove the hub (1) from the left end of the spindle.
- Rest the roll of paper that you want to load on the loading table. The roll might be long and heavy, and you might need two people to handle it.
- Slide the spindle into the roll. Make sure that no space exists between the roll and the fixed hub at the right end of the spindle.
- Put the blue hub on to the upper end of the spindle, and push it towards the end of the roll as shown in step 1 in the following image. Then slide the lever-lock to the locked position as shown in step 2.
- With the blue hub on the left, insert the spindle into the left side of the printer (1), and then into the right side of the printer (2).
- Close the spindle lock on the right-hand side. If you regularly use different paper types, you can change rolls more quickly if you pre-load rolls of different paper types on different spindles.
- At the printer's front panel, select the icon, and then select Paper load > Load roll.
- If printing paper info is disabled, the front panel asks you to select the paper type.
- The front panel asks you to feed paper. When the printer detects the paper, paper checks will begin.
- If the paper that you are using has a paper-data barcode printed on the leading edge of the roll, and printing paper info is enabled, the printer automatically reads the information. If printing paper info is disabled, the barcode is ignored.
- If some of the paper checks failed, the front panel explains the problem and helps you to load paper successfully.
Figure 1: Removing the spindle from the printer
Figure 2: Removing the hub from the spindle
Figure 3: Rest the roll on the loading table
Figure 4: Sliding the roll onto the spindle
Make sure that the paper will wind off the roll in the correct direction. If it does not, remove the spindle from the roll, turn the roll 180° and rest it on the loading table. Then slide the spindle into the roll.
NOTE: A label on the spindle also shows the correct winding direction.
Figure 5: The correct roll winding direction
Figure 6: Placing the hub on the spindle
Figure 7: Fitting the spindle into the printer
Figure 8: Front panel load roll message
Alternatively, you can start loading paper without using the front panel, by feeding paper in or lifting the pinch lever when there is no paper loaded.
NOTE: If you lift the pinch lever, you will need to align the paper manually; follow the instructions on the front panel.
Figure 9: Paper-data barcode
If printing paper info is enabled and no barcode is detected on the roll that is being loaded, the front panel asks you to enter the paper type and the length of the roll you are loading. Select the paper category and paper type of the roll.
Figure 10: Paper categories
Select the length of the roll.
Figure 11: Paper lengths